Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BroMike

65R625 keeps dropping connection with TCL 9+

my TCL/Roku TV 65R625 is constantly dropping the CEC connection to my TCL 9+ . Almost every time I turn on the TV it is not connected to the sound bar. It is connected to HMDI arc port. in order to fix this I have to go to settings and rescan for CEC devices. This is really getting to be a pain in the **bleep**. Sometimes in the middle of a show all of a sudden the remote doesn’t work for the sound or mute. I have to hit the home button on the remote, go to settings and reconnect/rescan for CEC devices. Also, when I do have to go to settings and look for CEC devices the Alto 9 is not listed. That showing me that the TV keeps dropping the connection because it does find it when I rescan. 

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 65R625 keeps dropping connection with TCL 9+

Have you tried contacting TCL?  I don't hear good things about their customer service and they may just point you right back at Roku, but they did make both the TV and the sound bar.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.