Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R-L
Reel Rookie

Roku stick will no longer stays connected

My roku no longer stays connected after I set it up. After I press the reset button, It continues to go through the entire process of setting up. I choose my internet network - it connects successfully then the black screen shows up stating no network fir the roku. I was using it fine everyday and this morning until this happened. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stick will no longer stay connected

Good day! @R-L,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're sure that we will successfully handle your connectivity issue.

• Did it happen on one channel or all channels?
  • Have you already tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • Are your other devices working on the same network?
  • Have you or your ISP made any recent changes to your network?

Troubleshooting:

• Check the network connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection). Please verify if both wireless and internet are shown with green checkmarks.
  • If no wireless connection is detected, proceed to the next step. Set Up Connection (Settings > Network > Set Up Connection). Determine if the network is visible when setting up a connection again.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Yours Truly,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My Roku will not connect to my Wi-Fi and I can’t watch TV. I have rebooted my Roku and my modem…NOTHING WORKS!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Carlawallace40, we need more information.  Did it ever connect?  What happens when you try to connect?  Do you get any error messages or codes?  What's the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RZRo

Let me start by saying I’ve used Roku for  years.

yes I rebooted everything. Roku, T’mobile tower, midi connection points on the device and the TV.

yes I have wifi working as it always does.

after several attempts I still get No Connected message on home sceen.

I can stream on my phone through Roku but out if the blue…can’t view on TV.

again…I have wifi,,,changed nothing.  Turned on TV and suddenly the Roku stubbornly thinks I don’t have wifi…again I’ve done several reboots so please provide more advanced advice..

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RZRo,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps provided to try to resolve the issue. Have you tried connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to maintain a connection?

Let us know what you find out, and we'll assist you further with this.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.