Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
operakala

Roku just stopped connecting to Wifi?

Two days ago, my Roku Express in my bedroom just stopped connecting to the WiFi. My router is in the next room over. I have done all the troubleshooting as stated in Roku's website including: Restarting the Router Re-entering my password Leaving the Roku powered off (from main power cable) for more than an hour. (I know that's excessive) Factory Resetting the Roku None of these steps have worked and still can't find any help on why did this happen and why won't it connect still. I am not having any other connectivity issues with any other devices. Any ideas what else I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku just stopped connecting to Wifi?

Hi @operakala

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku just stopped connecting to Wifi?

If you are still having an issue connecting to your home network. We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

This will restart the Roku. Once you are on the Home screen, please go to Settings > Network > Setup connection > Wireless > Scan again to see all networks > Enter your network password > Connect
copied from Mary's post on another similar issue

0 Kudos