Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjarosc1

Roku express won’t connect to home wifi

My Roku will not connect to my home network. it doesn’t even pop up as an option. I reset my router and all other devices are working. I’ve unplugged, I’ve restarted, I’ve restarted network settings, I pressed the reset button in back of Roku. I unplugged and replugged. My hot spot won’t even show up as an option. I read somewhere it could be a MAC address issue but not sure. I feel like I’ve tried everything short of a factory reset. It’s a Roku express and I have had it for a number of years. Should I just buy a new one? This has never happened to me before where I couldn’t get the wifi and internet connection back. The Roku is in my bedroom and I can’t fall asleep without the TV on. I’ve been up since 3:30 please help!! 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express won’t connect to home wifi

Can you see other networks?

Do you know the four-digit model number of your Roku Express?  Most models labeled just “Roku Express” are 2.4GHz-only, and some routers and hotspots default to 5GHz only.  (And some ISPs have sent updates to their routers that turned 2.4GHz off.)

You might want to think about a radio or a noise generator for the sleeping issue – at least as a backup. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.