Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericrox1982
Reel Rookie

VPN availability for most or all Roku devices

I will say, this isn't me giving free promotion to Roku, but I think Roku is at the top of the streaming devices.  And I have used other streaming devices and noticed they actually have an advantage over Roku: VPN capabilities.  I have NordVPN and wanted to know how to get it to work directly on my Roku Premiere, I have noticed you can set it up on your home router but what about when I'm travelling?  I find it frustrating to find a movie or tv show I want to watch that's not available here in the US but is streaming in another country on either a free streaming service or a paid streaming service I subscribe to.  If anyone knows if there's a way to get NordVPN or any other VPN to work with Roku devices or possibly contact VPN manufacturers and/or Roku to start supporting this option.  It would be nice to have a VPN feature instead of having to switch intermittently between Roku and their competing streaming devices.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: VPN availability for most or all Roku devices

VPN discussion is prohibited here, because Roku does not support VPN use because it is often used to bypass regional viewing restrictions on content. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
ericrox1982
Reel Rookie

Re: VPN availability for most or all Roku devices

Go ahead and delete this string of posts.  I didn't try to ruffle any feathers, just genuine curiosity.  Again I apologize, I didn't want to encourage illegal or questionable practices.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

0 Kudos