Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaginCajun70
Reel Rookie

Re: roku express+ stopped connecting to wifi

One of my Roku 3810x streaming sticks is doing about the same thing.  The control can turn the TV on and off, but the other buttons don't do anything.  The stick attempts to reload, starts on 720p and then quits and restarts on 1080p, then repeats this.  A "NO CONNECTION" message appears in the upper right corner.  I have changed batteries, and tried resetting the stick but that didn't work.  I swapped the stick and power supply with a 3810x stick from another TV and everything works fine using the other TV's remote.  So I don't know if it is the stick or the remote.  Going to try resetting the stick again.  WiFi signal is apparently okay at the location since the other stick works fine.

0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

I have used my wifi app to test the connection to all devices in the house.  It says it is 2.4ghz connection and the connection to all devices is strong, including the ROKU.  But the one roku doesn't seem to know that!  The old roku devices aren't having this problem either - it's just the new one.   I have no idea about the b/g/n stuff and should I really need to???

Just another bit of feedback on this new device:  The remote on this newer device has a poor design.  The volume and mute controls are on the side where you are constantly touching them every time you pick it up unless you are extremely careful ->not good.  

How about roku issue me a replacement device - with a model that doesn't  have this connectivity issue?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response, @daneaffr and @RaginCajun70.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has brought. Would you mind providing us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Who is your current Internet service provider?

A few more details are needed to have this issue investigated. We'll appreciate your response regarding this matter.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daneaffr
Binge Watcher

Device Model 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+

Software version 12.5.0 build 4169-E4

Issue ID 7W-401-471

I have xfinity as my service provider

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you so much for the immediate follow-up, @daneaffr.

Rest assured we have already forwarded this to the appropriate Roku team for an in-depth review and investigation. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated in the meantime.

For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos