Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara317
Reel Rookie

Roku express not connecting

My Roku won’t connect to the wifi but I have wifi on everything else like my phone and computer. It won’t even show up as an available connection. This randomly started today. Before this I never had a problem. I unplugged everything and plugged it back in. Help!!!

I’ve tried everything suggested 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express not connecting

Hello @Sara317

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

- Is there any error message when trying to connect?
- May we know whether Roku is detecting the network?
- Have you tried connecting to another network or mobile hotspot?

We recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet

Keep us posted so we can better help you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Sara317
Reel Rookie

Hello!

As soon as I open the app, the screen looks normal but in the top right corner it so no connection. Roku is not detecting my network at all. It has for the last few years up until today. I don’t have another network or hotspot to connect to at my place. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the post @Sara317

If the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem, but it happened on all my Rokus. 

all of them say not connected and when I goto chose your network, it says excellent signal strength, but won’t connect to the internet. 

what is the problem, how does this happen to all the Rokus I have in my house!!?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @T1ffanyR0se,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

After reading your notes, It sounds like your Roku devices may be having trouble connecting to your home network. How long has the issue been occurring? Try disconnecting the power to both your Roku device and your wireless router for a few mins, then plug both devices back in, and once the router connects to the internet, try loading content again. This is the first step we'd suggest to troubleshoot connection issues.

Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sara317
Reel Rookie

It is really annoying. I was just going to go out and buy a new one and hoped that it worked. 

0 Kudos
Sara317
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried that and I have tried resetting etc. I am going to buy a new one and hope it gets fixed. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Sara317 

Before you buy a new one, verifying some settings may be a better idea.

What is the model number of the Roku device. (Settings/System/About)

What is router model number and who is ISP (internet service provider).

Are you seeing any error messages when you try to open a channel/app (ie.14.xx or 009).

-----

However, if you are going to buy a new Roku device, try to buy a dual-band (2.4ghz and 5ghz capable) device in case it is an issue specific to your 2.4ghz band).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Junsixx
Reel Rookie

Mines as well🤷🏾‍♀️

Is this a Pre Super Bowl pricing issues?

I have NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AT ALL with Roku, I recommend to everyone I know, now boy am I sorry I gave them extra customers 😞

0 Kudos