Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku express no signal, works on other tv

I came home last night to watch TV in my living room and I received a no signal message on the tv. There are no other words.

My first step was to swap out the Roku unit with the one in the bedroom. At first both had no signal. After I tightened up the cables to the Roku unit, which didn't seem loose, both units began to work. The issue was now the living room Roku unit was in the bedroom and vice versa.

Tonight I came home and decided I would swap them out. I did and immediately I got the no signal in the living room with the living room Roku unit. I tightened up the cables nothing. This happened but on the third time I got the Roku screen and it loaded. And then it cut right out. I swapped out the units, in the living room worked in the bedroom. The bedroom did not work in the living room.

I checked all the cables stood up and unplug the power several times and waited. Plugging it back in did nothing. I checked the HDMI connection to the TV and that was fine. I have no idea why it doesn't work in here. It can't be the Box because the box work fine in the the bedroom and the bedroom would not work in the living room.

Technical jargon. First of all, I am not a technical person. This is a Roku unit that goes from an HDMI in the back of the unit to the tv. It then goes to the power supply unit which is located in a power strip where the TV and other things are located. The white dot always stays on though it eventually will time out and turn off.

I am at my wit's end and really could use some help. Again I am not technical. Any help given to me will be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express no signal, works on other tv

If both Roku players work on one TV but not the other, that is pointing to a problem with the TV, not the Roku. There might be dust/fuzz in the HDMI port, but cable swapping most likely would have cleared that out. If you have a different HDMI port in that TV I would try that. If you have any other HDMI device (such as a DVD or BD player) you could try it also on that TV. But in the end it all appears to be pointing to a TV problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.