Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS10

Roku error 16 whenever I turn on the TV even though it has an excellent wifi connection

I have the same problem and have tried all the same solutions.  I have been unable to get it to work for the last 8 hours.  Sometimes after I un plug it and turn it back on it works and other times like today, no matter how many times I try it won't work.  I get to the home screen and can see all the programs but when I click one to watch I get the error msg.  I have tried several different programs with the same result.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku error 16 whenever I turn on the TV even though it has an excellent wifi connection

Hi, @DS10 Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with your Roku device not connecting to your internet and displaying Error Code 016.

This specific error occurs when you attempt to launch a channel but the network or internet connection has been interrupted. To resolve this, select "Set up connection" to access the network settings on your Roku device and follow the on-screen instructions. If the problem persists, it may be due to a weak wireless signal.

To resolve this issue more effectively, please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined below:

Restart your Roku device and your router

1. To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. To restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.
  2. To restart your router, check the instructions from your ISP or router vendor. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases it may require pressing a reset button on the device.

Note: It will take a few minutes for both devices to completely restart.

For more information, you can be guided by this support article:

We hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to contact us if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.