Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mibsphil

Roku Ultra showing no signal on TV screen

Jump to solution

Lately my Roku Ultra just stops working while I'm watching tv. Suddenly the screen goes black and I get another screen that says "no signal." So I have to unplug/reboot the Roku. This happens almost every day. There's no problem with the internet (everything else is working) or the plug itself (no one touches it or moves it).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra showing no signal on TV screen

Jump to solution

Hello! @mibsphil,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku Ultra showing no signal. We're pleased to assist.

Ensure your Roku player is directly connected to the TV. If it's currently connected to an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar, disconnect it and connect directly to the TV for easier troubleshooting.

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV or show no signal.

1. You have selected the wrong input (source) on your TV. Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected to. The video connector will be labeled with the input name, e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc. Look for a button on your TV remote control that says Input, Source, AUX, Video, TV/Video or something similar. Press this button. Depending on your TV, pressing the button may cycle through available inputs or display a menu with a choice of inputs.
  2. The video cable is not connected correctly or is faulty. Check that the video cable is firmly attached to the back of your Roku player and the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. Enable CEC or turn off auto power savings. If your Roku remote button press doesn't display an image, your player may struggle to wake up your TV over the HDMI connection. To resolve this, ensure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. Consider disabling auto power savings to prevent your player from entering low-power mode.
  5. If all else failsdisconnect and reconnect all cables, including the power cable.

For more detailed information, please see this: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I doubt it has anything to do with the network connection.  Your TV is telling you it's no longer receiving a signal from the Roku device.  Try a different HDMI cable and/or a different HDMI input on the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @mibsphil,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku Ultra showing no signal. We're pleased to assist.

Ensure your Roku player is directly connected to the TV. If it's currently connected to an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar, disconnect it and connect directly to the TV for easier troubleshooting.

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV or show no signal.

1. You have selected the wrong input (source) on your TV. Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected to. The video connector will be labeled with the input name, e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc. Look for a button on your TV remote control that says Input, Source, AUX, Video, TV/Video or something similar. Press this button. Depending on your TV, pressing the button may cycle through available inputs or display a menu with a choice of inputs.
  2. The video cable is not connected correctly or is faulty. Check that the video cable is firmly attached to the back of your Roku player and the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. Enable CEC or turn off auto power savings. If your Roku remote button press doesn't display an image, your player may struggle to wake up your TV over the HDMI connection. To resolve this, ensure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. Consider disabling auto power savings to prevent your player from entering low-power mode.
  5. If all else failsdisconnect and reconnect all cables, including the power cable.

For more detailed information, please see this: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.