Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M2k
Reel Rookie

Roku streaming stick not connecting

Connected 3rd Streaming stick,  2 are working just fine on the 3rd getting error 022  "wireless receiver not detected " . Tried on the other TV's that are working fine and getting  the same error. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick not connecting

The wireless receiver is embedded in the USB cable.  It's possible that it's bad.  Are all the sticks identical?  Try swapping the USB cable from a working stick with the one that's not working.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
M2k
Reel Rookie

Thank you for contacting me - Yes,  I connected the wireless receiver from the other tv and it worked fine,  so that wireless receiver with this packaging is no good,  now how would I get a replacement from Roku , I bought this on Ebay and tried to get it going the same day that was delivered 

0 Kudos
renojim

What's the model number written on the stick or displayed under Settings->System->About?  Unless the stick is still under warranty, it's probably not worth buying a new cable and it may not be available anymore depending on the model.

If the stick was advertised as working on ebay, you might try to get a refund.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
M2k
Reel Rookie

It's a streaming stick 3820r, it was brand new sealed when i got it so I can't blame the seller,  how would he know it was defective. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

4K Streaming Sticks 3820/3821 were supplied with the WR002 AWR. It connects to the Roku via a USB micro connector. A replacement WR002 is available from Roku for about $20: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...

The US warranty on Roku streamers is 12 months (I don't know what it is in other regions).

Warranty claim instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058.  

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
M2k
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the reply, $20 is a lot i only paid $30 for everything , will have to think about it , might contact Roku, see if they can do something.

0 Kudos