Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vekete

Roku Wi-Fi speed much slower than cell phone

The wifi on my Roku Ultra is only 44mbps, but when I test the wifit on my phone (right next to the Roku) the speed is 130mbps. Any idea why the Internet speed would be so much slower on the Roku? I think my Roku Ultra model is 5+ years old, so would a newer Roku provide faster internet speed?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Wi-Fi speed much slower than cell phone

Hi @vekete, welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you have concerns about the connectivity with your Roku streaming device.

Please be aware that due to its limited processing power and Wi-Fi capabilities, a Roku might experience significantly slower internet speeds compared to other devices.

This is especially true if your network is congested with multiple devices using the same bandwidth or if the Roku is positioned far from the router, resulting in a weaker signal strength; essentially, the Roku may not be able to fully utilize the available internet speed as efficiently as other devices.

For reference, you may visit our Support article on improving your Roku streaming device's Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or clarification.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.