Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TelvisTed
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra won't connect via Wired connection

Jump to solution

Hi, as a new user to Roku, just curious, why hasn't anyone mentioned that the ethernet port is only 10/100??

If the wifi on the Ultra has 802.11AC, shouldn't that support your internet connection of 1gb?

0 Kudos
sk3

Jump to solution

That sounds like I should try that.  My issue is that I have internet on this computer, but when I use the Roku on my TV, it says I have Wi-Fi, but no internet.  It doesn't make sense to me.  Do you have advice for me?  I have a router connected to a modem.  The modem is working fine, but I am not sure about the router..  One light is out on the router.

0 Kudos
Willys71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just purchased 4 new Roku devices from the Roku site because I plan to go internet only. I unplugged my working Roku 2 XS and plugged in one of my new 4670R Ultras to the same LAN cable and it will not connect. I tried resets/restarts, 4 different cables, power cycled both router and cable modem and still nothing. Always error code 013.50 and 013.60. I plug a laptop into each cable and it always gets connected. I purchased these new Ultras because I liked and wanted the LAN connection. I will try another one tomorrow. If I can’t get them to work I will be returning all of them to find another device that works.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do all four units do the same thing?  Do you have any kind of security settings enabled in your router that would prevent a new device from connecting?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Willys71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No - I tried them at another location in the house and they worked. Did a cable test from my patch panel to the first location and there is a bad pair. I realize only two pair are needed to communicate data for 10/100. I do wonder why the Roku 2 and my laptop can work with this and the new Ultra can’t. I will attempt to correct the wire issue and try again.

ErnestNM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Willys71,

I had the same problem (013.50 error) with 2 Roku Ultras a couple of days ago.   The 1st one was returned and the second one is now working great.   I think the issue may be due to one of two issues that I explained yesterday on the “Roku Ultra and Roku 3 major connection issues” thread.

1) Roku corrected the problem from their end

2) Changing the port speed setting on my router from “Auto-negotiation” to “100Mbps/Full Duplex” allowed it to connect.   This is what many people have done with their devices that have problems connecting or are very slow when connected.   It turns out that Ethernet speed auto-negotiation between devices does not work or, if it does, causes very slow speeds if one or both of the device manufacturers don’t strictly adhere to the IEEE standard or if one of the devices doesn’t auto-negotiate.

I think changing the port speed setting caused my Ultra 4670R to finally connect with a consistent 16Mbps download speed (my internet plan top speed) since it worked great immediately after I made the change and rebooted the Ultra.   But the unit had already made a connection the previous day (after many attempts) but with only 1Mbps speed (which made it useless).   So, with that established connection Roku could have communicated with the unit and corrected the problem from their end since I left it on and connected over-night.

jayg8947
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the very same problem with a new Roku Ultra (4670X) and tried resetting the modem and the ONT and the patch cord without success. I plugged the Ethernet cord that my Roku Ultra wouldn't recognize into my laptop and the laptop worked just  great. I am using a  GreenWave C4000XG router on a CenturyLInk fiber optic 940 Mbs connection,

Here's what worked for me.

1. I logged onto the router (http://192.168.0.1) ignoring warnings about it's not being a safe site
  2. I went to “Advanced setup\Security\Application Forwarding”..
  3. In the “Select Device” drop-down box, I selected “Roku Ultra Family Room”.
  4. In the “Application Category” drop-down box,  I selected “Applications”
  5. In the  “Applications” drop-down box,  I selected “Windows Media Streaming”,
  6. Don't forget to click “Apply”
  7. The router created two entries in the Application Forwarding List with TCP-UDP ports1755 and 7007 for the Roku Ultra Family Room device.
  8. I tried “Settings\Network\Set up connection\Wired,” and the connection occurred within seconds.
  9. Here's the weird thing: I installed a Roku 3 (4230XT) to a different TV, anticipating that it would not connect until I entered another Application Forwarding entry into the router for this Roku 3. Oddly, it connected right away without any entry into the Application Forwarding List.
  10. I removed the entries from the Application Forwarding List.

It's only been 3 days since this "fix" but I did reset the connection with 

“Settings\System\Advanced system settings\Network connection reset\reset connection” and it restarts all nicely connected to the wired connection. '

Can anybody explain this behavior?

Jay

Bcoker40

Jump to solution

My issue is with the ultra also but through wireless!

I just bought the roku ultra 4 days ago. The first 2 days I set it up with no problems abd was watching all my streaming channels/movies with no problem then yesterday in the middle of a movie it just cut off and re started all by itself. Now no matter what I do I cannot get it to re connect. The wireless part connects fine just not the internet. I have...

1. Rebooted my device

2 Rebooted my internet

3. Tried the same Wi-Fi connection on other household devices and they all work fine.

4. Finally factory reset my device and now I am stuck back at set up on language.

Just for reference, I

1. reset all connections and passwords on the system settings.

2. Checked that it is close enough to the internet. (Has all 5 bars and signal strength registers excellent)

3. On my Wi-Fi it shows that the roku is connected but has a weird looking star by it. (Idk what that means)

4. It is a mobile hotspot that I'm using off my phone that is unlimited gigabytes.

PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. IS IT POSSIBLE MY DEVICE IS FAULTY?

0 Kudos
jayg8947
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bcoker40,

I feel your frustration! Just curious: did you happen to try the Application forwarding of  Ports 1755 and 7007 for TCP - UDP as I outlined in the previous post? 

Jayg8947

0 Kudos
newtond29
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After losing ethernet connectivity three days ago, I connected my Roku ultra and Roku premiere wireless, Perhaps Roku can provide a fix to restore ethernet connectivity.

0 Kudos