Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV not working with Spectrum Community Wifi

Same problem here. I have rebooted everything and all my internet devices including two non-Roku tvs work great. But neither of my Roku tvs will work. They both show they are connected to my wifi with excellent signal strength but none of the channels will connect. I get a couple different error messages. One is to check my internet and the other is that channels I use all the time are not available in my region. I can get them to work if I switch them to my iPhone hotspot. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV not working with Spectrum Community Wifi

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Rocketmanspc!

We appreciate you reaching out regarding your network issues and performing the troubleshooting steps you mentioned. 

It may be related to your wireless network connection issues since it works when you connect it to a mobile hotspot. We highly recommend reaching out to your internet service provider to reboot your router on their end and try to reconnect your Roku streaming device to your preferred network again. 

Furthermore, try to check our Support page related to the public network connection here: Hotel & Dorm Connect

Let us know how it goes and we'll go from there.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Raywil18

I am having the same issue with Spectrum. All the other apps works except for Spectrum. I have done the following: rebooted, unplugged, removed the app and added again, restarted my router. I miss not seeing that it has anything to do with the connection. I think this is a Roku issue. I keep getting this error code: RVP-999. The Spectrum will open but none of the channels will work. It just keeps loading and then giving me an error message. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention, @Raywil18.

We appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve this concern. However, we believe that this error code is specific to Spectrum. You'll want to reach out to the provider and inquire further. You can try reaching them at 888-369-2408.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.