Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Stick keeps losing connection

Hi @av8rhutch,

Thanks for the response!

These have primarily been reported before with routers supplied by internet providers (Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, and AT&T reported so far). Still, it's possible they could also occur with user-owned routers that have received updates.

• ROKU LOCATES NETWORK BUT CAN NOT CONNECT
    Some router updates have changed the router's connection settings from b/g/n to just g/n, causing some Roku models to lose their ability to connect to the network. The solution is to set the router's configuration back to using b/g/n.

• ROKU CAN NOT FIND LOCAL WIFI NETWORK
    Some routers have turned their 2.4 GHz wifi band off, leaving only the 5 GHz band operational. Devices with single-band wifi radios, notably Roku Express and Premiere models (but not Express 4K models), and many other single-band devices, can not even see the 5 GHz bands. The solution is to reconfigure the router and turn the 2.4 GHz band back on.

If you need to make configuration changes on equipment supplied by your internet provider but have no access to its settings, you may request your internet provider to make the changes.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
av8rhutch
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Stick keeps losing connection

So my solution is a $25 Firestick for the next year (while I have a free Xfinity XB7 gateway), when I buy my own gateway I'll try Roku again...maybe...

0 Kudos
av8rhutch
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K (2022) Freezing

Exact same issue, bought a cheap Firestick after messing around for a few weeks trying to fix it. Firestick works perfectly well. Roku has a better home screen, but I got tired of power cycling the Roku from behind the tv every time!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K (2022) Freezing

Hi @av8rhutch,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we have passed your concern on to the Roku Team, and we will update you or confirm whether the issue is resolved.

Feel free to post if you have any other concerns, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.