Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raynman

Roku Premier says not connected but channels still working

My Roku Premier Ultra is 3 years old so this may be an age issue. When I lose my internet connection I restart the router and then the Roku but still won't connect. I've checked my router and it is running 2.4ghz and b/g/n wireless protocols. Now I'm getting different things going on. Sometimes it says it's connected but none of the streaming channels work. Sometimes I get the "Not connected to the internet" screen but choose proceed anyway and all the streaming channels work. My question, is this a software issue or hardware issue? Is there an answer out there in the Roku universe, or do I need to buy a new one? I hear a lot of negative responses on this community website about the Premier Ultra, so I'm wondering if anyone would like to recommend a different Roku model that is comparable? 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
jrhoud
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Premier says not connected but channels still working

i never had the problem you mention until i bought a new soundbar and got a free trial of starz channel and now i get that same box error, when i am connected to internet. i choose proceed anyway and ccan then go to my desired channel.  how to get rid of this stupid box!?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @jrhoud

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For clarification, are you still able to stream channels/contents after choosing Proceed anyway option? Does it only happen on Starz or across other channels installed on your Roku? Please tell us as well who your internet service provider is. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
jrhoud
Channel Surfer

I can no longer watch starz as it wont play a show; it only does the ‘loading’ and then returns to previous page.  So my free trial is being wasted.  However I can close that app out and then go watch say youtubetv, but now I have to meet with this stupid box again and chose “proceed anyway” and then watch youtubetv.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jrhoud, are you using any kind of ad blocker like Pi-hole?  That message is poor at best.  It means your Roku can't reach something (most likely a Roku server) on the Internet so therefore gives you a message that you have no Internet connection.  If you're not using an ad blocker, have you restarted all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jrhoud
Channel Surfer

thank you; i am not using an ad blocker.  today i will shut down my router and all tvs and rokus, unplug, wait, then fire them all back up and see if this helps.  any idea if this will fix the problem with starz not working too?

0 Kudos
jrhoud
Channel Surfer

welll jim, i shut down and srestarted all and that disruptive box "no internet connection" is now gone. i wonder if i could try the starz channel and see if it is working,without causing the box to come back (if it is not)?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Restarting your network equipment often clears up Internet connection problems, so it may help with Starz.  I don't think Starz had anything to do with the message you were getting when you weren't trying to use it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jrhoud
Channel Surfer

well i did finally get rid of the irritating box but i still cannot watch starz. they suggest i delete the app and reboot etc and reinstall but i cannot even delete the app! it doesnt give me that option. only move, manage subscription (in essence cancel triakl) or close the box.  very disappointed!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jrhoud

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that you if you have subscription to a channel through Roku Pay, you will need to first cancel the subscription before being able to remove the channel. This is to prevent the accidental removal of a channel that a subscriber may be paying for. Once you have removed the channel, try restarting the Roku device, adding the channel back again and re-subscribing to see if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos