Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greylivesmatter
Reel Rookie

Roku - ONN TV no intenet via wired connection

Jump to solution

Roku Model # G891X
ONN Model: 100044717
Size: 75"
Router: TP Link AC1900, Gigabit

ISP: Spectrum

I purchased this TV a few days ago and I'm just setting it up. It will connect to my home network fine (wired and WiFi); however it will NOT connect to the internet via wired. It WILL connect to the internet by WiFi at 5G. And yes, the TV software has been updated.

All my other devices connect to my network and internet just fine, so it's not my router or its settings, the CAT5, etc. The MAC addresses of the TV are on my router's white list as well, so it's not blocking the TV.

Although the WiFi works fine, I prefer wired connections whenever possible. I only use WiFi as a last resort.

Why does WiFi connect to the internet, but not the Wired? Can my ISP be blocking the TV somehow, or is something else going on?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku - ONN TV no intenet via wired connection

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted, @greylivesmatter!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue on your Roku TV since it will not connect via a wired connection. We're happy to assist you further. Please try plugging the Ethernet cable from Roku TV directly into your modem (not your router; bypass the router altogether) and see if you now get a connection. If you haven't already rebooted your modem, try that as well. If you do not have a separate modem, try a different LAN port on your router and restart the router.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @greylivesmatter,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. That's not what we aim for. If you are having trouble connecting your Roku device to your wired internet, keep in mind that not all Roku devices support 5GHz networks. To see if your device supports 5GHz, consult the product comparison chart and check the Specifications section. If dual-band is listed, your device is compatible with 5GHz networks.

Furthermore, they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your hotspot is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect.

In addition, if you need help configuring your router, we suggest contacting your ISP.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
greylivesmatter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You didn't answer my question at all. There is NO PROBLEM with the WiFi connection. There is a problem WIRED connection. And yes, my router and network support dual 2.4 and 5G.

The TV connects to the internet just fine on WiFi 5G as does all other devices I have. Most of my devices connect via Ethernet (hard-wire). I do not use WiFi unless I have to.

When I choose a WIRED connection on the TV, it will connect to my network, but then says NO INTERNET. That's the problem. So why does the TV connect to the internet just fine using WiFi, but it will NOT connect to the internet by a WIRED connection?

I have updated the TV's software and there are no problems with my router or network. All other devices I use connect just fine on both WiFi and Wired. For some reason this TV will not connect to the internet by the WIRED connection.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted, @greylivesmatter!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue on your Roku TV since it will not connect via a wired connection. We're happy to assist you further. Please try plugging the Ethernet cable from Roku TV directly into your modem (not your router; bypass the router altogether) and see if you now get a connection. If you haven't already rebooted your modem, try that as well. If you do not have a separate modem, try a different LAN port on your router and restart the router.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.