Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glennh03
Streaming Star

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

It has all that and has worked fine for 2+ years, so that's not the issue.  This is a new problem.

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

I'm still having issues.  I think you saw the comment from another user trying to help me.

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes that was glennh03

I did also and have had connection issues as you described but only when it turned out there was an update that didnt download automatically Did the update and restarted the roku from under the power setting
hope this may help you out

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @glennh03,

Thanks for following up.

If you are still having an issue connecting to your home network. We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Advanced System settings
  4. Select Network connection reset
  5. Select Reset connection

This will restart the Roku. Once you are on the Home screen, please go to Settings > Network > Setup connection > Wireless > Scan again to see all networks > Enter your network password > Connect

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to this email for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I checked updates and it says up-to-date.  

I've rebooted multiple times ☹️

Appreciate the suggestions.

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've already reset the Roku.  Not helping.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @glennh03,

Thanks for the response.

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you and we appreciate your patience with this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rec45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue and have already done all the suggestions. Resetting router and roku, resetting connection. My wifi is working fine as my phone is connected to it and my roku can also connect to the hotspot from my phone. Just not directly to the wifi. It is the 2.4 I am attempting to connect to

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I hear you.  Seems others are having this issue too.  Roku support seems to have no idea what to do or how to solve this.  They keep repeating standard info about wifi setups/settings (which is clearly not relevant as it worked fine until recently) and resetting the Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rec45,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting. We understand that you are having trouble connecting to your home network. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Did you make any changes to your connection recently?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what is the make and model of your router?
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos