Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glennh03
Streaming Star

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

Still an issue

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

OK.  But isn't that an issue with the Roku and it not re-establishing the connection?

Why just the Roku and not the printer or any other device?

How do you prevent this?

Why does rebooting the Roku and the router not solve this?

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've done the system and network connection resets multiple times. 

If I reboot Roku and router and it doesn't solve the issue I do this, but doesn't seem to help.

Lack of speed should not be an issue based on capacity we have.

Glenn

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Worked for 3-4 weeks and now an issue again.

This all started after a Roku update.  Before that it was great with very few issues.

Billy5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine too. I have no idea why, I even have 2 of these. one works just fine. Links up fine. only the one. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @glennh03,

Thanks for the post!

We're sorry to hear about the network connectivity issue that you have experienced. Rest assured that we're here to do our best to assist you. We recommend visiting this link: https://my.roku.com/hdmi to request an HDMI Extender for free. This will resolve the issue of the Roku Streaming Stick not connecting to your network.

We hope things will be sorted out soon.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So if this is the solution, WTF have I been doing for WEEKS resetting routers, rebooting Rokus etc.,as you advised?

Why didn't you just admit up front you had an issue and offer me the solution.  So F_#@&+-_ infuriating that you've known this for weeks and had me doing a bunch of **bleep** you knew wasn't going to work.  Your Service SUCKS.

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

And now it turns out the extender is on back order so I have weeks more of this BS. 

Unbelievable how poor you guys are at basic customer service.  This isn't hard.

Anyone have any alternatives I can look at?  At this point such low expectations and very little faith that this will resolve it when (if?) it shows up.

Silly me for expecting in 2023 that a product could actually just connect to the wifi seamlessly every time as millions of devices do all over the world every day.  

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

And now the link takes one of my SNs but not the other.  

The gift that keeps on giving. . . 

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Darn This still going on

personally if i couldnt get a cheap puece  of c..p to work i go buy a new one like the 4k or the ultra lt 40 50 bucks cnd

i k iw shouldnt have to. 

0 Kudos