Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minniec35
Reel Rookie

Restart Google WiFi to connect to Apple Airplay

I have this onn Walmart brand Roku TV model G812X, and about once a week I have to restart the WiFi network to get the iPad to Airplay, show up and connect to the TV. I have tried checking the TV network settings, software updates, restarting the TV, unplugging the TV. The Internet connection is fine. Never any error on the iOS device or the TV itself, it just sits there until it says it can't connect. iPad is running the latest stable version of iOS. 

So far the only fix working is restarting the WiFi network, I have the Google Nest WiFi Pro. I have contacted their support as well, if they added a Reboot Schedule as an setting for their WiFi routers it could possibly resolve the issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Restart Google WiFi to connect to Apple Airplay

Hi, @Minniec35 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the network connectivity issue you have encountered with your Roku TV, and we appreciate your efforts and time in taking action to address the issue. For this matter, we'd like to gather further details for us to investigate this issue. 

To assist us in investigating this matter further, please provide the following information (if possible):

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once the details we requested have been collected, they will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Minniec35
Reel Rookie

Re: Restart Google WiFi to connect to Apple Airplay

Internet Service Provider (ISP): Comporium Zipstream 1 Gbps Fiber (DHCP, Not static IP)

Router/Modem Brand & Model: Google Nest Wifi Pro 2-Pk, TV connected to main primary access point 

Roku Device Details: onn. 43” Class FHD (1080P) LED Roku Smart TV

Model G812X

Serial Number X01200KCPN85

Device ID S0DK62ACPN85

Software OS/Version 13.0.0:24062

Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible. 85-255-751

The only solution we found is having to manually restart the WiFi router.

We have tried checking the network settings, restarting the TV from settings, unplugging it,, checking software updates and Apple Airplay settings. 

0 Kudos