Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kutthekord

Re: Can't use Roku with xfinity hotspot.

Jump to solution

I have same/similar situation.  However i have a new Roku express 4k+, i initially set it up using my home wifi - activated it to my Roku account, downloaded the latest software.  When i took it to my brother’s unit (in an assisted living facility) with Xfinitywifi,  it connected to xfinitywifi (excellent signal level) but said no internet.  Also there was no hotel or dorm on the updated software.  What am i doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Kutthekord 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having network connectivity issues with your Roku device. We'd love to help you get this issue fixed. Is there an error message when trying to connect to the network? Also, have you tried to connect to the wireless network within the unit? For now, kindly follow these troubleshooting steps in-order to solve this issue:

1. Reset network connections. To do this, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network Connection reset.
  2. Restart your Roku device within the Roku interface. Go to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Connect to the wireless network with the correct credentials.

If you're still having the issue, let us know, and we'll further extend our assistance.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Kutthekord 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having network connectivity issues with your Roku device. We'd love to help you get this issue fixed. Is there an error message when trying to connect to the network? Also, have you tried to connect to the wireless network within the unit? For now, kindly follow these troubleshooting steps in-order to solve this issue:

1. Reset network connections. To do this, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network Connection reset.
  2. Restart your Roku device within the Roku interface. Go to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Connect to the wireless network with the correct credentials.

If you're still having the issue, let us know, and we'll further extend our assistance.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.