Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMBrennan

Question Regarding Lifetime Use of Roku Express Streaming Box:

I have an Express Roku Box less than 2 years old, that was originally bought and paired with a Sharp Smart TV, which has now died.  We bought a new LG Smart TV and have been trying to connect and pair this same Roku streaming box with the LG TV for two days now, unsuccessfully.  The LG TV does not seem to recognize there is a Roku streaming box plugged in to its HDMI port; I cannot get Roku to appear on the TV screen at all, and therefore cannot activate the device.   The TV just sits blank with a black screen.

Any suggestions, pretty please??

Is each Roku streaming box only allowed to be paired with 1 TV from its date of purchase, and is the problem that this one streaming box cannot be paired with a second and different TV?

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Question Regarding Lifetime Use of Roku Express Streaming Box:

You don't pair a Roku device with a TV other than perhaps configuring a voice remote with TV controls, but that's not pairing the Roku streaming device to the TV.  You should be able to freely move your Express from one TV to another just as you might move a DVD player from one TV to another.  Are you using the TV's USB port to power the Express or is it plugged into the wall?  Does the Express show any signs of life?  Does the light on the front come on when you connect the power and does it flash when you press a button on the remote?  Are you sure you're selecting the right input with the TV's remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.