Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jfifer
Reel Rookie

Private listening needs syncing every time

I have multiple Roku devices and one smart tv with Roku built in. With each of my Roku devices, I need to adjust audio delay to get private listening to work. The tv with Roku built in never requires me to adjust audio delay. Same app. Same iPhone 14 max. Why do I have to do the adjust audio delay with Roku devices only but not the tv?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening needs syncing every time

Hi @Jfifer,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with audio delay in private listening. We want to take action on this, but we need more details to see if there are any options that we can look further into.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• When did you start seeing this issue?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  • Does the issue occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device?
  • What specific steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

In addition, if you haven't tried any troubleshooting, you can install/reinstall the Roku mobile app and then try again to see if that helps. It might be possible that you're running an old version of the app.

For more detailed information, visit our support page: How to resolve an issue with private listening.

We'll be eager to wait for your update. Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.