Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MERACE
Reel Rookie

Roku Remote App not showing power and volume buttons

Jump to solution

The Roku mobile app remote doesn’t show the power and volume buttons when using it with a Roku streaming stick.  However, when using the mobile app remote on a TV with built in Roku the mobile app DOES show the power and volume buttons.

Please update the mobile app remote for the streaming sticks showing power and volume buttons. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Remote App not showing power and volume buttons

Jump to solution

Hi @MERACE,

Thanks for the post to the Roku Community!

We understand your concerns with the Roku mobile app since it has no power or volume control option.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback. We value your input.

Please be aware that the volume control for your TV is not available in the Roku mobile app when connected to a Roku player.

The mobile app only offers volume controls for Roku TV models or when using the mobile private listening feature.

(If you have headphones connected to your phone and use mobile private listening, you can control the audio level using your phone's volume control for this playback type.)

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That will only work if the TV supports power/volume control via CEC.  Not all do, so maybe that's why it's not in the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MERACE
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku remote app has the power and volume buttons showing when I use it on my TCL TV that has Roku built into it. 

I installed a new Roku streaming stick into my TCL TV, but the Roku remote app doesn’t show the power and volume buttons.   

Hopefully, Roku will update the remote app. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MERACE,

Thanks for the post to the Roku Community!

We understand your concerns with the Roku mobile app since it has no power or volume control option.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback. We value your input.

Please be aware that the volume control for your TV is not available in the Roku mobile app when connected to a Roku player.

The mobile app only offers volume controls for Roku TV models or when using the mobile private listening feature.

(If you have headphones connected to your phone and use mobile private listening, you can control the audio level using your phone's volume control for this playback type.)

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TahirCurrie55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku mobile app remote doesn't display power and volume buttons when used with a Roku streaming stick, unlike when used with a TV with built-in Roku. The app should be updated to show these buttons for streaming sticks as well.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TahirCurrie55,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We value your feedback as our valued customer. We can certainly understand your concerns about the power and volume buttons on the Roku mobile app.

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback. We value your input.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.