Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bullwinkle68
Binge Watcher

OWNING UP TO THE REAL PROBLEM

QUIT PUTTING THE FAULT ON THE ROUTER ! I’ve been a loyal ROKU user since they first came out.  Frankly, it’s an insult to your customers intelligence to keep replying to the problem with a canned response (reboot, bring TV closer to router etc.). This knowing that its not the solution. Everything else I have by Wi-Fi on my network works perfectly.  Some brain dead corporate flunky decided it was better to deny they goofed, and ignored the problem that was reported OVER a year ago !  
TOO BAD you are and will continue to lose your market share of (a once excellent) streaming device because of your stupidity !  I finally returned the defective ROKU, and bought a competitors product. Lo and behold it works just fine WITH THE SAME (SO CALLED) BAD ROUTER) !!!!!  So my advice is to OWN UP that you made a mistake, RECALL  the affected (defective) Roku devices, and FIX the bad software release or go back to the last release that actually worked !.  Above all, don’t insult our intelligence! 
We’ve ALL seen the so called worthless solution that you use to reply to your customers. Hint: you post it Repeatedly and it’s not resolving the issue. My advice to forum members: Don’t waste your time! I’m sure most of you tried these suggestions BEFORE you contacted support or posted on this forum. For those of you who haven’t seen the official “solution” that does absolutely NOTHING, Don’t Bother!  A complete waste of time!  PS I’ll NEVER buy another Roku product. Not because of the bad software but because of non existent customer support. 
—————————— Here is the NON WORKING CANNED RESPONSE FROM ROKU FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEENIT 100 TIMES ALREADY!__________

Thank you for the inquiry!

Roku devices can disconnect from Wi-Fi for a variety of reasons, including:

• Weak Wi-Fi signal: If your Roku device is too far away from your Wi-Fi router, the signal may not be strong enough to maintain a stable connection.
  • Network congestion: If there are too many devices connected to your Wi-Fi network, it can cause congestion and slow down your internet speed, which may result in your Roku device disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
  • Router or modem issues: If your Wi-Fi router or modem is malfunctioning or outdated, it may cause connectivity issues with your Roku device.
  • Network settings: If your network settings are not properly configured, it can cause connectivity issues with your Roku device.
  • Software issues: Sometimes, there may be bugs or software issues with the Roku device itself that can cause it to disconnect from Wi-Fi.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following steps:

• Move your Roku device closer to your Wi-Fi router to improve the Wi-Fi signal strength.
  • Check for any network congestion by disconnecting other devices from your Wi-Fi network.
  • Restart your router and modem to ensure they are functioning properly.
  • Check your network settings to make sure they are properly configured.
  • Ensure your Roku device has the latest software updates installed.
  • If the issue persists, try resetting your Roku device to its factory settings, which can sometimes resolve software-related issues.

We hope it helps!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.