Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe70

No device found Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

I’m using the Roku remote app on my apple iPhone. My TV is a Hisense Roku TV. 
The Roku app has my device in my account; however, I keep getting an error No device found, Make sure your Roku device is on the same network as my mobile phone. 
Both devices, my TV and phone is on the same network. 
Now, this use to work. I do have the new apple iPhone. 
I tried starting from scratch on the TV and the Roku app. Resetting my iPhone, reinstalling the Roku app and resetting the TV. 
Please help, Joe 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No device found Connectivity issues

Jump to solution

Hi @Joe70,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with connecting your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Kindly try to connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below:

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap Get Help?
  4. Select Connect manually.
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap Connect.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joe70,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with connecting your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Kindly try to connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below:

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap Get Help?
  4. Select Connect manually.
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap Connect.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
babybear45

Jump to solution

I tried this (android user here, not sure if that makes a difference) entering the ip address multiple times and it still doesn't connect. What gives? I also have a hisense roku TV so is it just a problem with that particular model of TV? If that's the case then tell me so I can get it replaced because I have a roku thing that plugs into the back of a TV that I haven't used in a while (I was going to get a second TV for my living room and put that in there)

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @babybear45,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Are you encountering any error codes or messages? Have you already uninstalled the Roku mobile app and installed it again? Also, are you restarting your modem/router?

Please be aware that you should make sure your mobile phone is using WiFi and connected to the same network as your Roku devices. (Make sure you are not using your phone for phone data but are actually connected to a WiFi network.) Additionally, verify that you are not connected to the Guest Mode of your network, as isolation rules are generally enabled by default.

Feel free to post what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos