Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbieJ1225
Reel Rookie

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Another night of no tv. Screw it. 

0 Kudos
CantBeForReal
Streaming Star

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

I'm so sorry to hear you're in that frustrated window between "I have to use Roku" and "I can't do this anymore." I was in the same boat about 2 mos ago. I went with Fire TV and haven't had a day without TV. The app works well and after a couple of days, you don't even remember Roku. Even the name Roku starts sounding like a toy version of a real streaming hardware. I used to swear by Roku, but Roku has done everything in their power to get people to stop using their devices. So I did.

Switch. You'll be SO glad you did. 

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

switched to Chromecast in January with similar satisfaction.  Why prolong the agony?

0 Kudos
RJalder
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What a canned bs solution to a problem that can have a real issue with the users network hardware. What I see in a lot of the posting for connectivity issues here is that for a lot of people, including myself, is to make sure your hardware especially the modem(if you have one) and router are up to date (sometimes it’s a software update). I had a roku wireless issue and an iPhone wireless issue at the same time. After much finger pointing I decided to upgrade my router hardware which was only 4-5 years old and always worked, to a new wireless router with current (AC or 5g) technology. Both the roku and the iPhone work flawlessly with the WiFi now. Worked for me 

0 Kudos
Goldwing1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express WiFi signal problem

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue with my roku Express. Fair wifi signal. Roku is 3 feet away from the router. No electronics in between. Problem started about 1 month ago. Switched to my roku stream stick and have excellent wireless signal. Still have been unable to figure out why the express cant get better signal. I have done all the troubleshooting steps and it still doesn't help.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express WiFi signal problem

Jump to solution

Hey @Goldwing1

Thanks for the post.

Please note that Roku Express is a single-band wireless device which means it is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Have you ensured that your router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? 

Let us know and we'll assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RippedOff
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey ROKU, it's not my provider, it's not my streaming service, it's not my hardware or my inability to operate / set that up, THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOUR PRODUCT IS DEFECTIVE AND YOU CONTINUE TO SELL IT, KNOWING IT DOESNT WORK. ARE YOU GOING TO CONTINUE TO GIVE YOURT CUSTOMERS THE MIDDLE FINGER OR ARE YOU GOINGTO ACT WITH INTEGRITY?

RippedOff
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

What a douche bag response..

0 Kudos
RippedOff
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ITS THE SAME ISSUE EVERYONE ELSE IS HAVING DANNY....

0 Kudos
RippedOff
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Buy a non-roku device...