Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaY33

Keep getting Error 014.30

Jump to solution

Can't connect to wifi. Nothing has changed. It can detect my network and says the signal strength is excellent. My cell phone and laptop are working on wifi. I've disconnected the Roku, the router, and retried at least a dozen times. My wifi is setup on 2.4 GHz. I'm ready to throw away roku. Can anyone please help? TIA, Donna

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Keep getting Error 014.30

Jump to solution

@DonnaY33 

If you want to use a 2.4 ghz device on a cable ISP (Xfinity/Comcast, AT&T, Cox), you will likely need to configure/edit the 2.4ghz settings to use "wireless mode" b/g/n.

The above is a known issue with Roku devices and some cable ISP's routers.  If you cannot change the wireless mode through your router's admin portal or the accompanying ISP app (just look under the 2.4ghz settings and select "edit"), then you will likely need to contact the ISP and have them make this change for you.

Recently, some ISP have been preventing the user from making this change themselves.

Other option is to upgrade/request/purchase a dual band router (2.4 and 5 ghz band capable) and use the 5ghz band which negates the above issue. (of course, this depends on if you have a dual band Roku device).

---

If the above is not applicable to you, feel free to post back with Roku model number from Settings/System/About as well as your router model number and ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Keep getting Error 014.30

Jump to solution

@DonnaY33 

If you want to use a 2.4 ghz device on a cable ISP (Xfinity/Comcast, AT&T, Cox), you will likely need to configure/edit the 2.4ghz settings to use "wireless mode" b/g/n.

The above is a known issue with Roku devices and some cable ISP's routers.  If you cannot change the wireless mode through your router's admin portal or the accompanying ISP app (just look under the 2.4ghz settings and select "edit"), then you will likely need to contact the ISP and have them make this change for you.

Recently, some ISP have been preventing the user from making this change themselves.

Other option is to upgrade/request/purchase a dual band router (2.4 and 5 ghz band capable) and use the 5ghz band which negates the above issue. (of course, this depends on if you have a dual band Roku device).

---

If the above is not applicable to you, feel free to post back with Roku model number from Settings/System/About as well as your router model number and ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.