Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seiji9

Just discovered someone else's Roku account linked to my TV

I bought an open box TCL R655 on Saturday from Best Buy and have been using it a ton the past week. I know I should've done a factory reset first thing, but it slipped my mind. I was rifling through the settings earlier and found that one of the geek squad guys had his email linked to my TV, which I guess happened due to whatever testing they had to do on it before they could sell it. Seems I can only get rid of it through a reset, which I'll do, but should I be worried about this? I put my amazon prime account on the TV and also connected my PC to it. Could this guy potentially have access to any of that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Just discovered someone else's Roku account linked to my TV

Before you factory reset the TV, sign out of everything. The PC should not be affected.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Just discovered someone else's Roku account linked to my TV

@andyross, @seiji9 is a spambot copying and pasting a reddit post merely to add the same two spam links in its signature over and over again.  Why Roku can't stop it is beyond me.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos