Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kc1018

HOW TO CONNECT ROKU TV TO DORM Wifi (Username and password required)

I need help connecting to my schools wifi network that is for primary use for students and staff only. I'm guessing it would be considered a private network since it isn't shown as a regular wireless network. I was originally able to connect to the guest wifi but it's stopped working and I've tried the system restart, almost everything! And the message Error 014.30 pops up and the password is indeed correct. Now I have to use another network but I need help figuring out how to connect to my schools network "eduroam" using my Roku Tv I have here in my room, when it requires a username and password?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: HOW TO CONNECT ROKU TV TO DORM Wifi (Username and password required)

I need help with connect my wifi back 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kc1018 from FAQs - eduroam.org 

I am a student / researcher / professor, can I use eduroam?

As end-user you will only be able to use eduroam if your institution provides electronic identity (e.g. account for network access). In that case you will need to contact your administrator and ask for an account. You (or your network administrator) will have to configure your computer to enable eduroam access.

0 Kudos
eebmmb

To reconnect once you've lost connection  to a dorm/hotel WiFi you have to go through the roku streaming store instead of the settings. It will tell you that you have to be hooked up to a network and you will have the option to select the network you want and reselect that it is a dorm/hotel connection. It will then bring up the same information as it did before. 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.