Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akwyant
Reel Rookie

Floodlight camera WI-FI connectivity

Everyone posts that their #Rokufloodlight camera was SO EASY to install. I purchased 2 of them about 6 weeks ago but I’m just getting around to installing them. My neighbor and I have spent several hours trying to figure out how to get it accomplished. Our WI-FI is 5G. Instructions say that WI-FI can’t be more than 2.4G

Does this mean that I can’t use my 2 #RokuFloodlights?

Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Floodlight camera WI-FI connectivity

@akwyant-

Check your router configuration.  I'd expect most any 5 Ghz router to also support the 2.4 GHz band.  If so, it may just have the 2.4 Ghz band not enabled.  If possible, I'd suggest giving the 2.4 GHz band a different network name (SSID) to make it easier to keep track of when connecting devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X