Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Excellent wifi strength but roku has no internet?

Jump to solution

Hi @klt

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
cloudstuff

Jump to solution

Same issue - ROKU sees the wifi, but no live as can't see the internet - stupid idea!!  

OK my service provider is xfinity - rebooting ROKU or my XFinity router didn't fix, BUT.... going into the XFinity router settings - and selecting splitting the wifi channels to enable showing 2.4 and 5GHz channels. worked nicely.  Save and Exit.  Check on ROKU - (internet service via xfinity.

You need to access the Xfinity router via a wifi connected laptop.

Happy streaming.

0 Kudos
cheeeeez

Jump to solution

I had this problem. I was able to change my Wi-Fi radio channel from 11 to 6. It dropped my glitch rate (available through the Roku secret Wi-Fi menu) from 8000+ to 0-10. Something near or in my house must’ve recently introduced a ton of interference on channel 11.

Hopefully you have a router that supports channel selection. It’s usually in advanced settings. If so, test this change to see if it helps. 

0 Kudos
Gene51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you have metro pcs . Their phones apn seetings don't work you have to create a new apn setting. And add. ",dun" to what is already listed under the apn type.  Took me 9 months to solve this problem. All 3 of my rokus connect now no problem.

0 Kudos
xta13ndx

Jump to solution

"I then reset my drivers and adjusted my tv (moved it forward about an inch) and the glitch/sec went from max to 1/4 bar."

Can you describe how you adjusted the tv?

0 Kudos
Gene51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Note all I did was change my cell phones settings

0 Kudos