Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error code 014.30 is the same issue that I am facing in the roku

@Jay1410 @nateop735

Thanks for the posts.

That error code is related to connectivity issues with your wireless network.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that specific error code, visit our Support page here: Set up or fix your internet connection

In addition, who is ISP (internet service provider)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Error code 014.30 is also occurring in my roku.

Hey @nauey6343

Thanks for reaching out.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jsw285
Reel Rookie

Special characters in wireless network passwords

RokuTannerD:

I see you mentioned about passwords having special characters. Are you saying Roku devices don't like passwords with special characters, like #, $, and @?  Strong password schemes utilize special characters, helping to make them more difficult to crack. If your answer is yes, I would be greatly disappointed. However, it would also give me something else to try, since I'm still unable to get my newly purchased Roku Express 4K+ to work on my wireless network when attached to an older TV running DHCP 1.4.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Cindi2012

Re: Error code 014.30 Fixed!

This error code on roku I fixed by changing the network name. 

I had a network name like this, (Naula's) I switched it too (Naula) taking out ' and worked.  My guess is roku doesn't recognize that when other devices do like iPad, laptop, phone.  Hope this helps 

0 Kudos
Cindi2012

This error code on roku I fixed by changing the network name. 

I had a network name like this, (Naula's) I switched it too (Naula) taking out ' and worked.  My guess is roku doesn't recognize that when other devices do like iPad, laptop, phone.  Hope this helps 

0 Kudos
Dooke13

Dee, Roku help. Error code 014.30

I did all of everything that was stated and nothing's happened. My Roku is is stuck on language and it's not connecting to the network

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Dee, Roku help. Error code 014.30

Hi @Dooke13,

Welcome to the Roku Community. We want to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
  2. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  3. Have you tried to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Micka

I can not split my internet from 2.4 and 5. I am using an orbi system. Please advise a work around.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Error code 014.30 is making disturbance

@Micka and @nshey45 

If you like the Orbi system, then the best remedy, unfortunately, is to simply purchase a newer Roku dual-band device. (Roku Express 4k/4k+, Streaming Stick 4k/4k+, Ultra, or Streambars).

The Orbi will work with 2.4ghz devices but overly complicate and sometimes place obstacles in the path of 5ghz devices communicating with 2.4ghz devices on the same network.  You can configure the Orbi to use seperate SSID names with some simple changes but you need to telnet into your router (you cannot simply make changes in the admin config).  Here is a quick reference page that should get you started if you choose this path (https://www.tech21century.com/separate-ssid-for-2-4-and-5-ghz-on-orbi/).  Just be aware that each time a workaround is found, Netgear may update the next firmware to defeat this workaround.  The answer to this of course is to disable updates or learn how to restore previous firmware revisions.  Sometimes, though, you need the newer firmware because it may include fixes to bugs in the previous version (kind of a catch 22).

This does kind of defeat the purpose of the Orbi.  It really is meant to be a hands off mesh system - problem is, of course, you are forced to abide by the decisions the system makes.  If you don't wish to purchase another router (and abandon the Orbi), that allows you to configure your network in your chosen preference, then a 5ghz capable Roku device is probably the easiest solution for most users.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jordanevil
Reel Rookie

Re: Error code 014.30, I’ve tried everything

I have tried the “solutions” dozens of times only for my roku to still not connect to the internet. I have reset both the router and my roku in the exact way the roku support articles say to and I’ve even factory reset and changed my WiFi’s name to remove special characters, only for the roku to have the same error code five minutes later. I have 3920X - Roku Premiere, serial number: YH0037578131 and I have xfinity wifi (2.4 ghz is what I have tried to connect to). I’m on the verge of throwing this away, someone help.

0 Kudos