Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilko10s

Error 003 - Purple screen of death!

I can't get past the Error 003. We had a power outage and the router went down. Got the router back online and Roku would try to reconnect to the wifi and it would find it say it was connected, but it needed a password and it never gave us a screen to put in the password.  I connected it to a different wifi with a password. This time it gave us the screen to put in the password and it couldn't find it.  Crazy since everything else we run in this house was able to connect to both the wifi names we tried....except the Roku.  I tried everything several times. Disconnecting, restarting, resetting. I looked at some chats to see what was recommended and we ended up doing a factory reset.  Now I am getting an error code asking me to set up my network connection again. I try and it brings me back to this screen. If I cancel, I get a purple screen of death.  Have restarted several times and I keep getting this. Help!! Any suggestions?  Model 3920X

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 003 - Purple screen of death!

Hi @wilko10s,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku device that is showing a purple screen and all of the troubleshooting you've done. 

Please be advised that purple screen or HDCP errors happen when there is a problem with the physical connection or communication between your Roku and TV. Often, it's a simple matter of reconnecting the HDMI cable, switching to a different HDMI cable, for Roku Streaming sticks, and connecting to an HDMI extender.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: What to do if you see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos