Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Awe4one

Cox internet and Roku wi-fi connection

Jump to solution

This morning at 0330L my internet connection went down for about 2 mins. Afterwards all three of my Roku boxes would not find my router when trying to reconnect. All of my other devices have no problem connecting with a strong signal. I have done all fixes online but none of the Rokus will see the router. How do I fix this? The router seems fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adrock702

Re: Cox internet and Roku wi-fi connection

Jump to solution

I just had this same issue happen to me. To fix this, I had to login to my cox wifi router, go to Gateway -> Connection -> Wi-Fi, then click on the 2.4G edit button. Disable the 2.4G and save changes and then re-enable 2.4 and save changes. This worked for me. It was as if the 2.4G frequency was frozen and this reset it. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sounds like your router got a firmware upgrade.  (I’m ASSUMING all of your Rokus happen to be 2.4GHz-only models – four-digit model numbers would help to be sure.)

Cox is known for sending out upgrades that turn off 2.4GHz, so make sure 2.4GHz is enabled in the router and make sure it is set to use all modes: b/g/n.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
adrock702

Jump to solution

I just had this same issue happen to me. To fix this, I had to login to my cox wifi router, go to Gateway -> Connection -> Wi-Fi, then click on the 2.4G edit button. Disable the 2.4G and save changes and then re-enable 2.4 and save changes. This worked for me. It was as if the 2.4G frequency was frozen and this reset it. Hope this helps.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.