Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phunk420

Challange someone to make my **bleep** work

So my kid dropped her roku like 4 feet and for whatever reason the remote stopped working and we have been using the apps then my wife changes thebwifi password and so the roku no longer connects rendering our apps usless and the remote doesnt work so im assuming thrre is no fix for this other then buying a new one 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Challange someone to make my **bleep** work

Changing the password back would be another way.  At least, that's a quick workaround.  I would recommend having a fully functional remote/roku pair for the long term though.  (I'm assuming there is probably some reason for changing the wi-fi password like neighboring kids learned the old one...)

Of course, I'm assuming you haven't already factory reset or reset the network settings on the Roku.  If so, it's probably too late to go back to the old password.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Challange someone to make my **bleep** work

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions:

• You don't have a voice remote with the little microphone button on it
  • Dropping the Roku dislodged or broke the IR sensor in the Roku

Depending on the model number of the Roku you may be able to get a voice remote that pairs with the device and doesn't require the IR sensor to work, but you may find the cost not worth it compared to buying a new Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos