Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapqa12
Channel Surfer

Re: Can "Wi-Fi Direct" be turned off?

yes, thank you for clarifying,

i meant the Express+ 3710RW model, which obviously is no stick, my bad.

am surprised to hear that an Ethernet Adapter wont work;

i was sure it would function the same way as on Android Sticks etc..you just add an Ethernet Adapter and are good to go.

(its true that on many Phones this does not function, but often on Tablets and Certainly Computers).

Are you sure that there is no Ethernet Capabilities on Ethernet Devices?

I mean "micro-usb to Ethernet Adapter", that should normally function.

Also the 3710RW model has a composite Cable included, so i was hoping to be able to use it also for Amazon Prime on an older TV model (albeit probably only in SD quality).

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@kapqa12 wrote:

I am surprised to hear that an Ethernet Adapter wont work;

i was sure it would function the same way as on Android Sticks etc..you just add an Ethernet Adapter and are good to go.

(its true that on many Phones this does not function, but often on Tablets and Certainly Computers).

Are you sure that there is no Ethernet Capabilities on Ethernet Devices?

I mean "micro-usb to Ethernet Adapter", that should normally function.

Also the 3710RW model has a composite Cable included, so i was hoping to be able to use it also for Amazon Prime on an older TV model (albeit probably only in SD quality).

I am 99% sure that no Ethernet USB adapter will work on any Roku player. It is known that they will work on some models of Roku TVs (TCL I believe is one brand that supports them), but they have different internal hardware. For such an adapter to work would require supporting hardware within the player. No one has ever mentioned this working on any Roku player, and I'm certain someone would have said so if they had made it work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roku Secret Menu.  People didn't like the link that gave me my answer. 

SO, you push home X5, forward, play, back, play, forward

under systems operation (?) There are "travel" and other settings that completely disable wifi.

Speak for yourself, it made my stop broadcasting any hidden SSID whatsoever

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Anonymous that web posting is over four years old. The secret wireless menu no longer has those functions. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just followed the button sequence, the menu came up, I disabled it, scan on my AP shows it’s gone.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Anonymous 

As was stated, that link is four years old. The Secret Menu is split into separate menus now.  They don’t offer the functions anymore.  Roku has updated the menu over time.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos