Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Buffer For Slow Download Speeds On A Roku 3?

I have an older Roku 3 and satellite internet. It is supposed to get 25/Mbps download speeds, but it is closer to 0.6 to 0.2 Mbps.

It takes a long time to load the home screens for Max, Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video... actually ALL of the apps that we have. 

Once we get to a title and start it, the streaming stops every 10 seconds to a minute and the little circle spins for over a minute. Then we can watch another little bit until it stops and starts buffering again. 

Is there a setting or some way to select a show and wait for it to buffer, like walk away for 20 minutes, and play it without stops?

I have set the playback to the lowest setting (720 I think), but I can't find any way to have it buffer or download a larger chunk of the show before I press "play". 

Any help will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can You Buffer For Slow Download Speeds On A Roku 3?

Sorry, that's not possible.  Roku devices have a limited amount of memory and can't buffer much video.  The Roku 3 is getting pretty old and has less memory than current models that have two to four times as much, but I don't think you're going to be able to stream with that poor of an Internet connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos