Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home wireless network will not appear on list (3820X Streaming Stick)

I just got back from vacation and I can't get my Roku stick to reconnect to my home network. I've rebooted the wireless router and the stick multiple times but my network never shows up on the list of available networks, even though I get all my neighbors' networks to show up on the list. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home wireless network will not appear on list (3820X Streaming Stick)

Do you know what Wi-Fi channel your router is using?  Your stick supports 2.4GHz channels 1 to 11 and 5GHz channels roughly below 50 or above 150.  If you don't have 2.4GHz available (some ISPs have been known to disable it in their customers equipment) and your 5GHz channel is set to one between 50 and 150 your stick won't see it.

If you need help with your router, post the name of your ISP (Internet service provider) and the make and model number of your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.