Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marle
Binge Watcher

Re: All ROKU devices have stopped working.

Jump to solution

Thank you so much. All working this morning. Very strange. Did reconnect only. I did not reset router… 

CJH6491

Jump to solution

I have three ROKU boxes and one ROKU TV all of which ceased to work three days ago.  I also have a 5th TV that uses a Comcast Cable box which continues to work normally.  I've spent hours trying to get them to work and in a couple of case they did work but only for a few minutes then stopped again.  I find it unusual that they all would fail at the same time.  I also went to the Comcast/Xfinity Store at they couldn't help at all.  Why did they all fail at once?  Was there a hack?  Xfinity/Comcast deny that they shut them off.  Does anyone have an answer as Comcast doesn't help with this issue?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CJH6491,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you that your Roku devices stopped working. We want to learn more about this, but we need more details.

We will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to fix the issue?
  • Have you verified that your router is set to use b/g/n Wireless Mode on the 2.4 GHz band?

Please note that some Roku devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. To connect, ensure that your router broadcasts a 2.4 GHz WiFi network.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CJH6491 

Post back with all the Roku model numbers (can be found under Settings/System/About), as well as the router model number you are using.

Can better tailor a response if we know what devices we are working with.

Sounds like you may be dealing with a known Xfinity 2.4ghz issue as mentioned by @RokuJechealR regarding the devices, but the RokuTV should be able to connect on both bands (2.4 and 5ghz) so a little strange.

Have you tried connecting these devices to a mobile hotspot (if available)? (Will help eliminate device issue.)  Also, try unplugging your modem and router for a few minutes as well as all the Roku devices. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

August.04.24...still not working

0 Kudos
Marle
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just reset everything it should go back on. Mine did . I love my Rokus! I have three . Lol

0 Kudos
Marle
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
  • Everything went back on I just unplugged and all good! 
0 Kudos
Croberts2

Jump to solution

How do you reset? I was watching tv and then no picture but you can hear the show. I went to change channels but it is stuck on that channel I was watching. I turnt tv off and then back on still the same thing..Help please!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Croberts2,

Thanks for your question,

We appreciate you reaching out to us on how to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. We're pleased to assist.

If you can control your Roku device, you can efficiently perform a factory reset from the Settings menu. If you cannot control your device or it is completely unresponsive, you can perform a factory reset using the physical Reset button on the device.

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device, and will be ready for you to complete the following:

1. Perform the Guided Setup and activation process
  2. Sign in to streaming channels that require a username and password
  3. Create a 4-digit PIN and configure parental control settings
  4. Perform a broadcast television channel scan (if you have a Roku TV with an HDTV antenna connected)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos