Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmacman
Reel Rookie

1 of 3 Roku having constant connection issues.

I have 3 Roku devices. The one on my main TV is a 3920X-Roku Premiere. Lately it is experiencing constant connection issues. I turn on the TV and no connection, or messages that it’s having trouble playing this, or lots of buffering.

Two other Rokus - one in room with router and one at far end of the house have no issues. The problem one is midway between. 

what could be causing this? Is it a Roku issue or TV issue? I often have to turn the TV/Roku off and on 2/3 times and/or check connection to get a decent connection but only on this one set. Very frustrated because it’s worked great for a couple years or more. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 1 of 3 Roku having constant connection issues.

The Premiere 3920 is operating on your 2.4ghz band.

You may just be getting some interference or crowding/congestion on this band.

Try going into your router settings (or an accompanying app if available) and adjusting the "wifi channel" that the 2.4 ghz band is using.  Generally, channels 1, 6, or 11 are recommended but you may find in your setup and environment that you have to use another. (compatible channels are 1-11 for Roku).

Most routers are setup to use "auto" channel selection by default, meaning they will change automatically according to certain conditions.  Some routers handle this better than others, so a manual channel setting may be needed to fine tune and optimize the network instead.

Feel free to post back with router model number and ISP (internet service provider) if needing more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.