Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moryasena

Roku Smart Home Subscription watch on laptop

Jump to solution

I have purchased some of the Roku home security devices. I also signed up one device for the cloud subscription. Two Questions. Can you log into the cloud on a laptop? Is a SD card better than the cloud?

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Home Subscription watch on laptop

Jump to solution

@moryasena

Thanks for the inquiries.

Please be aware that you will be unable to view camera cloud playback through computer. In regards to SD or cloud recording comparison, that would be a matter of personal preference.

For more detailed information about Roku Smart Home subscriptions, visit our Support page here.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@moryasena

Thanks for the inquiries.

Please be aware that you will be unable to view camera cloud playback through computer. In regards to SD or cloud recording comparison, that would be a matter of personal preference.

For more detailed information about Roku Smart Home subscriptions, visit our Support page here.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Cheeroip
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ah such a dejavu 🙂 It's no secret that the Roku smart home ecosystem is based on the one offered by Wyze and their community asked for a web access for (laptop and pc) for years. 
Finally Wyze start offering that feature in last months. 
I suppose the decision is based on number of subscriptions to the platform so I expect Roku to reach whatever critical number much sooner than Wyze considering how much bigger is their userbase.
But who knows. so far Roku strategy seem to be pretty rushed and not very integrated with their TV and devices. 
We will see.

Jump to solution

No, that was not helpful at all. I want to know how I can add my laptop to my Roku devices. it is connected to the same wi-fi that my Roku TV is. What's the difference? Perhaps you should notice the blowback from former customers of Bud Light, Disney, and Target. We can do the same to you. Perhaps being friendly to your customer base would be more beneficial to your company than surrendering to the woke mob,

Think about it.

0 Kudos
jnelson851
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am a newbie exploring the HomeAssistant app (I'm using Debian Linux) but it looks like there is a Roku streaming integration.  I did not see the other Roku branded products for it . . .

This HA  app is my new obsession, and I'll likely explore the Roku possibilities.

0 Kudos