Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT Order Devices from the Roku Website

I ordered 8 items from the Roku website about 10 days ago to use a Roku security system. I never received a shipping notification. Today a box finally shows up containing only 3 of the items. I called customer support and they were essentially useless - options were to have them maybe reship the items at some point (they could not see if anything was in stock, could not expedite the shipping) and that I would have to call back in 4-5 days to even find out if it has shipped yet and get a tracking number, and they wouldn't even know if all the items I ordered were in stock. Alternatively I could get a refund but I have to spend my own time and gas etc taking the items to be shipped. The return shipping label is prepaid, but they would not pay for courier pickup. So basically I just spent $300 on stuff, they sent me about $80 worth, and options are to keep gambling on whether I'll get the rest of things eventually at some point, or spend my time & effort returning the things I did get. It was just a giant waste of time and money. I like my Roku TV but I would not recommend ever purchasing any Roku products direct from their website. Get that **bleep** at Amazon or Best Buy in case you have to return something. 

1 REPLY 1
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: DO NOT Order Devices from the Roku Website

@plasmastickers @When I’ve needed customer support I’ve gone messaging the Roku customer support rep instead of calling. I had my issues resolved faster I have a written record of what was said which helped a ton. Walmart has the Roku sells their smart home line there so those seem to be the two choices we have and I’ve always gone through Walmart personally except for the yearly fee for the home monitoring system. Hope it works out. Their products have been working great on my end