Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mdparker04
Binge Watcher

Hi All, 

This is more of a question than a problem, but hopefully, someone in the know can guide me to the correct answer, or maybe it is something that will come out with a later software update. Instead of keeping people out of my home, I am more concerned about keeping my kids in the home (i.e., no sneaking out at night) and away from certain parts of the house. If the button on the side of an entry or motion sensor is pressed without access to the app, will the device lose its association with the monitoring hub? Will it go offline? Obviously, if the battery is removed, it will go offline. I guess what I'm trying to get at is there is an easy method a teen could use to offline a device while the alarm is not active so that the next time it is armed, a particular sensor is not doing its job without me realizing it. Is there an alert I would receive or could configure to receive if a device is malfunctioning in any manner? Any suggestions on making the system as robust as possible against this type of situation are greatly appreciated!!

Blessings,

Michael

0 Kudos