Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maaya88

Apps closing after 20-30 seconds

We bought a RCA Roku tv in 3 sizes. One is working great but the smaller one we got in Jan when you start something on Netflix now it goes to a black screen then back to home after 20-30 seconds. Now it’s doing the same on HBO Max. I tried uninstalling and checking for updates. Not sure if I need to reset the whole tv or if I should do a warranty claim

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tappleton

Re: Apps closing after 20-30 seconds

This is happening to me as well. Just bought 2 TCL Roku TVs in January and just the past two days Netflix started crashing after 30 seconds or less and now Prime is as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps closing after 20-30 seconds

Hi @Tappleton,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're so sorry to hear about the playback issue you are experiencing and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Try the steps below to help resolve the problem:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.
  3. Check Internet connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection) must be "Connected"
  4. Restart your Roku player: Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  5. Last resort, factory reset ( Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset )

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos