Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 wireless doorbells. 2 connect but the app will not let me add a third camera.

Jump to solution

I have three doors that need wireless doorbell cameras. I set up 2 perfectly, but my app will not let me add a third. Why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 3 wireless doorbells. 2 connect but the app will not let me add a third camera.

Jump to solution

Hi @manager1726,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than willing to assist you today with your issue about having trouble setting up your third Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell with the Roku Smart Home app.

To further assist you with this issue, we would like to know what error code/s or message/s you are getting when you try to add the third Roku Wire-free Video doorbell to your Roku Smart Home app.

In the meantime, we recommend you try uninstalling the Roku Smart Home app on your mobile device. Then, follow the steps below to connect your third Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell and chime to the Roku Smart Home app.

1. Add your video doorbell
    • Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar and select Add device
    • Select Cameras & doorbells and choose Wire-free Video Doorbell
    • With your video doorbell fully charged, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds on the back of your doorbell
    • Confirm the LED light around the doorbell button lights up blue and listen to "Ready to connect."
    • If you hear nothing, press the Reset button on the back of your wire-free video doorbell and listen for the phrase "Ready to Connect."
  2. Add your chime
    • Plug your chime into a standard power outlet midway between your Wi-Fi router and doorbell
    • Reset your chime by pressing and holding the Reset button on the side and listening for "Reset successfully."
    • The LED light on the chime flashes yellow and listen for "Ready to connect."
    • Keep your phone near your video doorbell as the Roku Smart Home app searches for your doorbell - make sure the LED light on your doorbell is flashing blue. If it’s not, press and hold the power button again on the back of the doorbell
  3. Connect to Wi-Fi
    • Your wireless network should be listed in the Wi-Fi network name pull-down
    • Enter your password and tap Next
  4. Install your doorbell
    • Wired:
    • Wireless:
      • To install your video door on a flat surface, use the provided screws and attach the back plate to the wall. You can also use the provided adhesive tap if you do not want to make holes in your surface. To install your video doorbell in a corner, use the provided screws and corner kit
      • Securely attach your video doorbell to the back plate or corner kit
      • Using the included T8 screwdriver, drive and tighten the security screw into the bottom of your video doorbell to keep it in place
  5. Finish setup
    • Name your video doorbell and tap Finish

For more details, please visit our Roku Support article: How to set up your Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell and Chime SE

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

multi wireless doorbell SE cameras

Jump to solution

I have three doors and can only set up 2 doorbell/cameras. Why can't I  set up a third door?

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 3 wireless doorbells. 2 connect but the app will not let me add a third camera.

Jump to solution

Hi @manager1726,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than willing to assist you today with your issue about having trouble setting up your third Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell with the Roku Smart Home app.

To further assist you with this issue, we would like to know what error code/s or message/s you are getting when you try to add the third Roku Wire-free Video doorbell to your Roku Smart Home app.

In the meantime, we recommend you try uninstalling the Roku Smart Home app on your mobile device. Then, follow the steps below to connect your third Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell and chime to the Roku Smart Home app.

1. Add your video doorbell
    • Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar and select Add device
    • Select Cameras & doorbells and choose Wire-free Video Doorbell
    • With your video doorbell fully charged, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds on the back of your doorbell
    • Confirm the LED light around the doorbell button lights up blue and listen to "Ready to connect."
    • If you hear nothing, press the Reset button on the back of your wire-free video doorbell and listen for the phrase "Ready to Connect."
  2. Add your chime
    • Plug your chime into a standard power outlet midway between your Wi-Fi router and doorbell
    • Reset your chime by pressing and holding the Reset button on the side and listening for "Reset successfully."
    • The LED light on the chime flashes yellow and listen for "Ready to connect."
    • Keep your phone near your video doorbell as the Roku Smart Home app searches for your doorbell - make sure the LED light on your doorbell is flashing blue. If it’s not, press and hold the power button again on the back of the doorbell
  3. Connect to Wi-Fi
    • Your wireless network should be listed in the Wi-Fi network name pull-down
    • Enter your password and tap Next
  4. Install your doorbell
    • Wired:
    • Wireless:
      • To install your video door on a flat surface, use the provided screws and attach the back plate to the wall. You can also use the provided adhesive tap if you do not want to make holes in your surface. To install your video doorbell in a corner, use the provided screws and corner kit
      • Securely attach your video doorbell to the back plate or corner kit
      • Using the included T8 screwdriver, drive and tighten the security screw into the bottom of your video doorbell to keep it in place
  5. Finish setup
    • Name your video doorbell and tap Finish

For more details, please visit our Roku Support article: How to set up your Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell and Chime SE

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.