Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bossman207

Roku App Feature Request (Power Off TV)

I was in my office and realized the kids ran outside while the TV was running.  I went on my phone app and was able to press the home button to get the TV stop streaming.  I wanted to turn the TV off by using the POWER OFF channel, but there is no way for me to blindly navigate to this channel, nor does it appear within the channels section of the app remote.  If this option could be added it would be a nice convenience feature to quickly turn off the TV when done rather than navigating to the power channel, as must be done when exclusively using the Roku remote app.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
optikhog
Roku Guru

Re: Roku App Feature Request (Power Off TV)

Are you talking about a TV power off button on the remote?

That is, if you were to order a Roku Voice remote, you would get this (note the topmost button):

Voice Remote

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@bossman207 

The Roku app on the cellphone, the power key is only for Roku tv's. If you have Roku device connected to non-roku tv, it won't control the tv power or volume of such device. The icons on the app are blinked out when using roku other than Roku tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Cool idea.

@bossman207 wrote:

I was in my office and realized the kids ran outside while the TV was running.  I went on my phone app and was able to press the home button to get the TV stop streaming.  I wanted to turn the TV off by using the POWER OFF channel, but there is no way for me to blindly navigate to this channel, nor does it appear within the channels section of the app remote.  If this option could be added it would be a nice convenience feature to quickly turn off the TV when done rather than navigating to the power channel, as must be done when exclusively using the Roku remote app.

Thanks

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos