Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMaker42

using usb to add custom themes?

i'm pretty bored and disappointed with the lack of customization on the roku tv's when it comes to adding a wallpaper, and especially changing sounds. they've gotten pretty stale for me and i want to experience something new. that is why i'm here to present a new suggestion: using the usb port on roku tv to add custom themes/sounds/wallpapers.

this would allow for more customization options on roku, and allow others to add themes onto their tv made by people on the web. themes can either made with your tv to use or export onto your usb stick, CSS, or Javascript, if possible. 

when you install a custom theme onto a usb port and stick it into your tv, it will show up in the Wallpapers & Screensavers in Options. you will have the option to either apply the custom theme/sound/wallpaper, or delete it. the theme will stay on your device (until you decide to delete the theme fromWallpapers and Screensavers), even if you accidentally delete the files off of your usb. this would work similarly to adding new themes on windows computers.

this update would provide more personality to people's tv screens, and give a lot more freedom with customization options on roku os.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.