Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku player with built in tuner

@atc98092  I work in R/D so my numbers aren’t that far off. Like I said an Nvidia Shield is the most expensive and top rated streaming device. And even that doesn’t have a tuner with its $200 price tag  

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Roku player with built in tuner

@atc98092 wrote:

Don't forget that in North America they are in the early stages of the next version of digital broadcast TV, called ATSC 3.0. Silicon Dust is the only maker of a 3.0 tuner at this time, with the HDHomeRun Flex 4K. I have one on my network. There's a channel for Roku devices that works just fine for any of their networked tuners. 

Also: Silicon Dust devices also support DVB-T/DVB-T2, used in much of the rest of the world (and there are Sat/cable equivalent of DVB as well) Tablo doesn't seem to support DVB, yet.

NB: my first digital TV receiver was the a reference receiver for semi-digital D-MAC and D2-MAC standards in late 1980's..a project I was writing the software for.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos