Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dherzog51
Reel Rookie

Re: Profanity Filter for watching tv

As a Christian, I refuse to listen to any so called comic or movie that uses my God or Lords name in vain.

I pray to God Roku listens to so many request to install a filter so we can watch tv in peace. I am at the brink of removing all of my Roku devices and installing Firestick.

EveretteR
Reel Rookie

Netflix has on for the computer. This really should be standard.  

BlancheX
Channel Surfer

You seem to think that watching TV is  a god-given/Constitutional  right. It's not. You can choose to live your life any way you please, but don't expect others to cater to your whims. 

It is not Roku's responsibility to ensure that your purity is not besmirched. So go ahead, switch to Firestick. Make good on your threat.

If you had done some research instead of complaining you would know that there are profanity filters out there.

0 Kudos
dherzog51
Reel Rookie

These are guidelines that a Christian should live by. You left out one verse. Exodus 20:7. "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in Vain". This is not a guideline, it is a commandment!!

dherzog51
Reel Rookie

Also, there are no filters for Roku. There was Vidangle until they removed it.

Jc777
Reel Rookie

Re: Profanity Filter Clean up Roku

Roku Please do the right thing and offer  filters. 

charlienc

Re: Feature Request: Profanity Filter

I wanted to add VidAngel and it says that it can't be added to Roku, they blocked it or something. Is this what they call a side add?  I have teens and the language in shows is terrible. If I had a dollar for every F-bomb in a month, I could buy a large boat. No morals. They tell parents to take control, but don't give you the ability. 

tlh1959

A language filter is much needed for Roku. There are a lot of interesting series and movies that we have started watching, and then just stop because of the foul, unnecessary language. Especially on Netflix - they seem to think all Americans have potty mouth.

Schmo
Reel Rookie

Really, dude. You need to chill out.

I have watched a lot of great movies ruined because the profanity is so bad. HollyWeird's screenwriters think that's what people wanted... 40 yrs ago. Now, it's just become the defacto standard. I'm sick of it. Roll it back to the 60's standards, and I'd be cool with that.

IF NOT, pushing for a STREAMING language filter to limit or eliminate profanity should be a priority. Most every family would be in favor of it. We used TV Guardian in the 90's to *great* effect as a family. It was Huge. 

Vidangel and Clearfilter? Nope. We need a filter that is a one time fee, a dictionary that can be user-defined, and it MUST BE reasonably priced!!! Anyone down with that? 

Catt19600

Re: Feature Request: Profanity Filter

Try the app on Roku called: Enjoy (movies your way) `https://www.enjoymoviesyourway.com/